Our thoughts create our reality.
A study published in the Journal of Psychological Science found that physically writing out negative thoughts and throwing them away can help clear your mind.
And a clear mind is a happy mind.
Here’s a simple exercise that will help you clear your mind in less than 5 minutes.
- Find a piece of paper and a pen.
- Close your eyes and take 5 deep breaths through your nose.
- Open your eyes, and write down the answers to the following questions: What is on my mind right now? How do I feel about it? What do I want to let go of?
- Tear up the piece of paper and throw it away.
- Get a new piece of paper and write down your intention for the day. For example, “My intention is to be calm and productive.”
When you practice this exercise, you will clear your mind and be ready to move forward in your day.
Try it and let me know how it goes!